Halloween weekend (31 Oct – 4 Nov): new scares added and TRICK OR TREAT cards handed out before going in….
The ultimate terror experience is back.
Get ready to step into the middle of the action and run for your life once more – by exceptional public demand, the heart-stopping, hair-raising Alien War is back, commemorating 20 years since it first opened at the venue in 1992.
Inspired by Alien set designer HR Giger, this completely redesigned show introduces new scares, twists and turns at every step, taking groups of brave explorers on a terrifying journey through the Arches’ dark, dank and claustrophobic underground caverns, where some unusual artefacts and strange hieroglyphics have been unearthed.
Making its world premiere at the venue twenty years ago, when 100,000 terrified people scrambled for their lives, Alien Was the forerunner to the multitude of scare attractions now in existence. After running in London, launched by Sigourney Weaver, it returned to Glasgow in December 2008 as Alien Wars, taking in thousands of fans of the original as well as fresh new victims. Now’s your chance to experience a new level of terror.
Just remember… in the Arches basement, no-one can hear you scream.
Book tickets |
If you’d like to book your slot in advance, please call 0141 565 1000 or book online by choosing from the following dates:
N.B. If booking in advance please be punctual or your slot may be delayed.
Opening times |
Thursday & Friday | 4pm–10pm
Saturday | 12 noon-5.30pm and 6pm-10pm
Sunday | 2pm-8pm
Please note the following changes to opening times in October:
Sat 20th October | 2pm – 5.30pm and 6pm – 8pm
Halloween Night: Wednesday 31st October | 4pm – 7.30pm and 8.30pm – 10pm
Thurs 25th October | 4pm – 7.30pm
Fri 26th October | 4pm – 7.30pm and 9pm – 10pm
Thurs 1st and Fri 2nd November | 4pm – 7.30pm and 8.30 – 10pm
– Suitable for ages 8+ (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult)
– Under 18s must be out of the building before 8pm
– Customers should enter through the Argyle Street entrance
– Merchandise will be available: Badges £1 / T-shirts only £10 (with free badge)
– Alien War tours run every 15 minutes from the Arches Box Office at 253 Argyle Street in groups of up to ten people.
– Alien War is a high energy promenade production: the audience will be standing, walking or running for the entire experience.
– Each show lasts approximately 15-20 minutes.
– Not suitable for pregnant women, people with a heart or respiratory condition, an extreme fear of the dark or confined spaces.
– Patrons enter at their own risk and there is no re-entry or re-admittance. Once admitted there are no refunds. Latecomers will not be permitted.
– Customers will not be admitted if they are intoxicated.
– This event will contain strobe lighting, theatrical smoke, low lighting levels and high sound levels.
– Each group will experience the show separately; it is not possible to meet up once inside the event.
– Some ground surfaces are uneven. We therefore suggest wearing flat soled shoes or trainers – strictly no heels or open-toed footwear will be allowed. Anyone wearing unsuitable footwear will be refused entry.
– There is a cloakroom provided in which we advise customers to leave jackets and bags.
– Any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards staff, performers or other customers will result in ejection from the performance and the premises.