Biking industry has witnessed a very dynamic change in the last few years. Among all of these changes, one section of this industry is on its way to the top. E-bikes or electric bikes are gaining popularity in the modern world, not only because they are easy to ride, but also because they are eco-friendly. At the same time, electric bikes take away the inconvenience of getting tired.
Some people think that Electric bikes are expensive; however, research shows that there are Electric bikes well within your budget. We have curated this list of ten best electric bikes under £500.
If you cannot decide which bike is for you, then scroll a little bit, and you will find a section to solve all your queries. By the time you finish reading this blog, you will make an informed decision about which Electric bike you should buy.
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices:
Here is a quick snapshot of our top-rated picks.
Let’s start by getting to know some more about the electric bikes.
Types of Electric bikes
- Electric Cruiser Bikes
- Electric Cargo Bikes
- KElectric Mountain Bikes
- Commuter Road Bikes
- Electric Fat Bikes
- Electric Folding Bikes
To decide which one serves your purpose, go on read the blog. When you are ready to make a decision, our buying guide will strengthen your choice.
Best Electric Bikes under £500
E-Ranger Cruiser Floral Electric Bike
E-Ranger Cruiser Floral Electric Bike is a white coloured bicycle having a lightweight aluminium frame.
It has a brushless motor of 250-watt power and a 36 volt 10 Ah Lithium battery. Its scenic design, combined with a reliable battery makes it the best option for an electric bike.
- High quality electric bike with many extras included such as anti theft lock, puncture proof tyres
- Styled to look like and ride like a conventional bike with the benefit of an electrical motor.
- A range of 30 – 50 miles per charge depending on terrain, as well as a throttle only option
One of the benefits of owning an electric bike is that you can go from one location to another quickly and easily with power assistance. However, you must make sure that you care for the bike with the right level of support; otherwise pedalling will become very tough.
And this E-Ranger floral bike is one step in the right direction. It is a high-quality electric bike which serves the total value of your money. For anyone between the height of 5 feet-3 inch and 5 feet-10 inch, this model is best for them.
It has a step-through frame design which not only makes it easier to get on and off but also is very comfortable to ride. You can enhance the appearance of this bike by adding a basket with double panniers. You would then have both – spacious storage with stylish looks.
You don’t need any driving licence or road tax to be able to drive this bike. However, you must have a helmet and insurance. These Electric bikes are perfect for anyone over the age of 14.
These high-quality electric bikes are made to keep you safe and efficient. It comes with an anti-theft lock system and puncture-proof tyres. So while you are driving through rocky terrain, you don’t need to be worried about changing your tires.
- Easy commute to and from work no wasting time stuck in traffic.
- The bike is perfect for getting around and exploring.
- This electric bike gives you just the right level of exertion
- The bike is very eco-friendly
- It is not suitable for children below the age of 14.
Windgoo Folding Electric Bike
Windgoo Folding Electric Bike has a unique Dolphin-shaped design. This bike has a 350-watt motor and 36 volts and 6.0 Ah Lithium battery. The engine can quickly drive up to the speed of 25 km per hour; in the range of 15 to 25-kilometre.
- Design and Foldability: The folding electric bike frame is smart Dolphin Shape design, circular arc design hand shank, folding style, for portable convenient, easy storage
- Outstanding Range and Speed: The electric bike has 350W high-speed motor 36V & 6.0Ah lithium battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h and 15-25 km range, fast charging system only about 3 hours, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel
- Strong Support: Check battery life, turn on the headlight, honk the horn, accelerate, the e-bike comes with disc brake for maximum braking capabilities, when you brake, smart taillight will light
The charging rate of the bike is very high too, the time being only 3 hours – making it ideal an option for getting around the city. This electric bike has a mechanical disc brake which maximises its braking capabilities. Also, this smart bike comes with a tail light that activates whenever you apply the brake so that the nearby motorists, pedestrians and passersby know.
You can analyse a lot of features of this bike at the touch of your finger while you are driving. For example, you can check the battery life, turn on the headlight, accelerate, honk, and apply the brakes only with the touch of a finger.
Even though it comes with IP54 weatherproof coating, the bike continues to be attractive to the user. Its 12-inch durable wheels are always ready for a spin wherever and whenever you want.
It is a 100% eco-friendly bike, available at a fraction of the price of the most Electric bikes. Not only does it help the earth, but it also protects your wallet.
Whatever you need, be it work or leisure, this foldable electric bike is one of the best options for you.
- The bike is portable and foldable
- It comes with a headlight and high-grade disc brakes
- It has an energy-saving design
- It can easily climb inclines of 20°
- The weight capacity of the bike is 220lbs.
- The horn is not very loud, rather very ineffective.
DAPHOME FIIDO D2 E-bike
The third bike in our list is DAPHOME FIIDO D2 E-bike. This bike is quite similar in design to the previous bike, but when compared in terms of features, it’s not as good. Nevertheless, it has a lot to offer.
Its 250-watt motor provides a speed of 25 km per hour, and it comes with three modes for you to choose between pedal, moped, and pure electric mode. It is foldable, which makes it convenient for carrying around. It has a 7.8 Ah lithium-ion battery which can give a mileage of 30 kilometres in pure electric mode and the distance of 50 kilometres in the moped mod. It comes with a saddle and a handlebar making it convenient for people of different heights.
- 250W motor provides the max 25km/h speed and max 30 degree gradient. Pedal mode, moped mode, and pure electric mode for choose. Folding design for convenient carrying.
- 7.8Ah Li-ion battery ( included in product ) for max 30km mileage with pure electric mode and 50km mileage with moped mode16 inch inflatable rubber tire for different grounds.
- Adjustable heights of handlebar and saddle for different heights of people. LED front light to ride at night safely,Aluminum alloy shell for max 120kg payload.
However, the life of its battery is affected by certain factors—the weight of the rider, temperature, adequacy of tires, and the road slope. Moreover, in winters, Lithium battery declines, so the life of the battery would also be relatively shorter. And in summers with the rise in temperature, the life of the battery rises as well.
One good thing about this electric bike is that its frame is very lightweight and at the same time it is built to last. Riding the bike is a breeze. Due to its small size, it is easy to manoeuvre the bike with no trouble. Features that stand out for this bike is the fact that it comes with an LED front light. If you want to do some night time bike riding then this bike is for you. However, there are few drawbacks as well one is not as strong as the previous one even though it is designed for the daily commute—the second with steeper inclines you cannot trust this e-bike.
- It has a very lightweight frame
- This bike is foldable
- It comes with the LED light at the front which is excellent for riding during the night
- It is not as powerful as the previous bike
- It is not so good with steep inclines
TOEU Folding Electric Bike
TOEU Folding Bike is our next suggestion for you. This electric bike comes with 36 volts and 6.0 Ah lithium-ion battery and 350-watt brushless electric motor.
It can reach the maximum speed of 30 kilometres per hour, but speed also depends on the conditions of the road and the weight of the driver. The bike can carry a maximum load of 120 kilograms.
- Powerful Electric Bike: Li-ion 36V/6AH battery supports 10~15km (Pure Electric Mode) to 15~30km (Pedal Assisted Mode); Speed of 25km/h; 350W brushles electric motor; Max load carrier of 120kg.
- Advanced Safety: Front and rear disc double disc brakes; Bright lights, Night safety; Shock absorption design, Regular transmission and comfortable driving.
- Portable and Foldable: Light weight of 17kg; Easy to store and travel. Comply with UK and EU road regulations. Suitable for teenagers and adults, ideal for the city commuter and countryside.
The bike has some advanced safety mechanism as it comes with double brakes: one in the front and the other one in the rear. It also comes with bright lights for nighttime safety. And its shock absorption design adds to the comforts of this bike.
It is easy to carry and fold, especially since it is only 12 kg in weight. The manufacturing of the bike complies with UK and EU Road regulations. This electric bike is suitable for teenagers as well as adults. So whether you are commuting in the city or the countryside, this bike is the perfect option.
It has a clear LED display that allows you to control the speed, and at the same time, it tells you the battery capacity, the remaining charge, and the distance you have covered. One of the most overlooked specifications of this bike – it comes with a 14-inch wear-resistant solid rubber wheel.
The maximum speed of this sturdy electric bike is 18 miles per hour. You only have to recharge the bike for 2 to 3 hours, and then the bike will be ready to ride again. In case you run out of the battery, you can always pedal the remaining of your journey.
Bike is reasonably priced, and it has pretty unique features compared to the other bikes in the market.
- It has a short charging time
- It comes with a LED display
- Its weight capacity is 220 pounds
- The bike is perfect for adults and teenagers
- The suspension system is great
- It is effortless and comfortable to ride
- It can be folded up easily
- The bike is not made for young children
- Might not ride long-distances
ROLLGAN Folding Electric Bike
The fourth bike in this list is ROLLGAN Folding Electric Bike. The AFL bike is powered by 36 volts and 6,000 Ah lithium-ion battery. It requires zero maintenance, and unlike some gasoline-powered cars, it is entirely eco friendly.
This electric bike can reach the top speed of 12 mph. If you live in a busy area, then this folding electric bike is one of the best options you have.
- ELECTRIC POWERED - Rollgan E-bike is powered by 36V & 6000mAh lithium-ion battery. Unlike gasoline powered bikes, it is eco-friendly and requires no maintenance.
- GOOD RANGE AND SPEED - The e-bike has 12 miles range and can reach a top speed of 12mph. It is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- DESIGN AND FOLDABILITY - The e-bike is inspired by the shape of dolphin. Its lightweight (12kg/26.5 lbs) and foldability gives you the options to fit it in your trunk or even carry onto public transportation vehicles.
Like the previous bike in this list, Rollgan folding bike is also inspired by the shape of a dolphin. It is lightweight, and you can fit it in your car trunk given that it has a very foldable design. You can also carry this electric bike on to other public vehicles.
This bike comes with states that have maximum braking capabilities. It is comfortable for the user as they can rest their foot on the rest bars present on either side of the bike.
You can also connect your electric bike to your cell phone using a Bluetooth system. However, this connection is made possible using an app. The app supports a lot of other functions including mileage speed setting and time recording so on and so forth. This bike is entirely lightweight and fun to ride.
There is one drawback of this bike; it is not suitable for children. Nonetheless, this eco-friendly bike makes one of the best options on this list.
- The bike is easy to ride
- It can be used for short commute around the city
- It can also be used as a regular bike
- The bike is easily foldable
- The bike is not suitable for young children.
Viking Gravity Folding Bike
Viking Gravity Folding Bike is a study and a reliable bike. However, this durable and sturdy bike is also the heaviest bike in this list. So if you are used to traveling long distances and packing and unpacking the bike, then probably this bike is not for you.
Style, quality, and longevity have been the hallmark of Viking bicycles since they started. Now they are trying to incorporate these fundamental features of their bikes into the growing demands of changing their user base. They serve everyone, from electric bicycles to bicycles for tracking and urban sporting.
The electric Viking bicycle comes with 24 volts and 8.8 mAh battery. With this battery, you can comfortably ride for 22 miles or 35 kilometers. You don’t need to accelerate the bike; instead, the engine starts as soon as you pedal. The bike has a 6-speed Shimano powertrain which keeps you comfortable even during tough terrain.
It has a 250-watt brushless front-wheel motor, and this motor along with the battery, is locked away internally for security. However, you can install and remove it with the key which comes with the bike. The bike takes approximately 4 hours to charge completely.
The bicycle comes almost built; however, you need to inflate the tires and adjust the gears and breaks, before using the cycle. One of the best specifications of this bike is that its inner tubes come with a puncture-resistant sealant.
- It is quite a sturdy and robust bike
- It comes with a durable battery
- The bike is almost built when it arrives
- The tubes have a puncture-resistant sealant
- This bike is not lightweight
- You cannot take it to long distances with you
OUXI Foldable Electric Bike
OUXI Foldable Electric Bike has a 350-watt high-speed motor, 36 volts, and 6.6 Ah Lithium battery. These specifications make it easier for the bike to travel a distance of 25 kilometers per hour with a range of 25 to 40 kilometre. The bike has a fast-charging system that takes only about 4 hours to charge. If you are planning to travel a short distance, then this electric bike is for you.
- 🚲【Powerful Motor】The electric bike has 250W high-speed motor 36V & 6.6Ah lithium battery easily help you to drive up to 25km/h and 25-40 km range, fast charging system only about 4 hours, it is ideal for getting around the city and short distance travel.
- 🚲【3 Riding Modes】The electric bicycle has 3 riding modes.Pure electric, electric assist and riding modes, you can switch modes at will, making riding more fun.Suitable for men and women.
- 🚲【Exterior design】The folding electric bike is inspired by the Nike trademark, it has a strong sense of recognition, a unique appearance, and a smooth overall design. (Riders can be folded, for portable convenient, easy storage)
This folding electric bike has a unique and robust sense of recognition and appearance, which makes for its smooth overall design. The bike can be easily folded, which makes it easy to store and port. The bike comes with three riding modes, namely pure electric, electric-assist and riding mode. The rider can easily switch between either of these modes, which makes the riding convenient. This electric bike is suitable for both men and women. The bike comes with a red LED light, so if you are planning to go for a night time riding session, you can easily do it with this electric bike Whenever you press the brakes the tail light flashes to alert the drivers and pedestrians.
The LED lights are situated on the front and the rear portions of the cycle, which increases its utility. Both the front and the back sections of the bicycle are foldable and collapsible, making it easier to store.
This electric bike is a perfect option for you to get around the town.
- It is a budget-friendly bike.
- You can use this bike as a regular bike as well
- You don’t get tired while riding this e-bike
- It has a bright red headlight and tail light
- It is not suitable for young children
Ancheer 2019 Upgraded Electric Mountain Bike
Ancheer 2019 Upgraded Electric Mountain Bike comes with a stable 250-watt motor and 36 volts, 8 Ah lithium-ion battery. The top speed of this e-bike is 15 miles per hour. And it can run for about 30 miles on a single-time charge. The bike comes with 21 gears and 26-inch wheels making it a perfect option for any kind of terrain.
Its aluminium alloy frame gives it a very sleek design, on top of it, the fact that it is foldable adds to its utility. It has a dual disc braking system making it a safe and a perfect option for children as well as adults.
It comes in three working modes, namely regular bike, assisted bike and electric bike. These three modes of this bicycle make it a perfect option for anyone wanting to commute for shorter and longer distances. That means you can always ride the bike if it gets discharged.
Even though its top speed is 15 miles an hour, it has a higher weight capacity when compared with all the previous electric bikes mentioned here.
- It has the best suspension system
- Shimano gears are easy to use
- Its frame is resistant to wear and tear
- About 85% of its parts are already assembled when they are delivered
- The seat is padded, hence comfortable
- Its weight capacity is 330 lbs
- It is not as comfortable as compared to other electric bikes.
Nilox E-Bike X1
The Nilox E Bike X1 is the best electric bike you will find in the market right now. The design of this electric bike is unique, and it appeals instantly to the viewers.
This incredible bike is effortless to assemble. This entire process of assembling takes less than an hour without any specialist’s help. It reaches faster speeds quicker than any other bike in this list. The best thing about this bike is that it is easily foldable. Not only is it easy to transport, but it is easier to store as well.
- Electric bike with maximum speed 25Km / h
- Wheels 16'', 36V 250W engine power
- A charging of 3-4 hours allows from 20 to 25Km of autonomy
This is the reason why the chances of it being stolen are very less; you can always keep it safe.
However, we should mention that there is one drawback with this electric bike – the stand is not up to the mark. It’s not so bad either but considering the rest of the features; stand lacks somewhere.
However, its frame is pretty sturdy and at the same time, lightweight. What impressed me was this particular feature – the luggage rack. This helpful feature makes it stand out in front of its competitors. One other thing that you must know is that it comes with built-in USB support. So if you go for a long bike ride, your ride will keep your mobiles fully charged.
Overall we are pretty satisfied with this electric bike, and if you’re someone who is looking for something lightweight with extra features, then you should go for it.
- The Nilox E-Bike X1 electric bike has an incredibly lightweight and a sturdy frame
- Assembly process is straightforward
- Comes with a few extras such as bicycle lock, luggage rack, and a USB charging port
- The frame is easily foldable
- It is easy to store
- The stand of the bike is not so good.
Things You Should Consider Before Buying Electric Bike
So many good electric bikes out there it is tough to choose which one is for you. To be able to make a smart and informed decision, there are a few things that you should consider.
In this section of the blog, I will give you an idea regarding the features that you must look for before buying an electric bike. Go on and read the section carefully so that all your doubts can be resolved.
The battery in your electric bike must have at least 36-40 volts. The lesser the voltage, lower, would be the range of the electric cycle. That means the battery would be discharged quickly. In such a case, either you have to carry the bicycle all the way to your destination, or you have to paddle it, which is not always an easy thing to do.
The Riding Modes
You should always choose a bike that offers different modes; this would give you the flexibility to choose the modes you want to ride your bike on. If you are looking to burn some calories and save the environment at the same time, choose a bike with normal riding mode. And if you need to ride to work or some other place urgently, then you can always select electric or assisted riding modes. These are the standard riding modes available.
The power of the motor tells how powerful the bike will be. And even if you are not tired, you don’t have to sacrifice the engine. Within 500 lbs, you can get an electric bike with a motor of 250 to 350-watt power. This is the suggested power that you must go for, anything less than this will be very unsatisfactory. However, if you want a bike with a higher power, then you must spend some extra amount.
If you’re looking for a bicycle to help you commute to longer distances, then you must choose a seat that is comfortable for you. Your riding experience would become far more amazing if you choose a bike which is well-padded and easy to ride.
The Foldability Factor
If you’re looking for convenience and utility at the same time, then a foldable electric bike is what you need. The bike which is easier to fold and can be activated within a few minutes, those are the kind of bikes you need.
Additional Safety Features
You should look for bikes which have a headlight, a taillight, powerful responsive brakes, and a great suspension system.
Most Frequently Asked Questions by Buyers
Are electric bikes expensive?
It’s not fair to say that all electric bikes in the market are expensive. Different kinds of Electric bikes are available in various price ranges.
What is the best motor power for electric bikes?
If you are on a budget, then the best motor power you can get is between 250 to 350 watts.
Can I ride electric bikes as regular bikes?
It depends on the modes your electric bike has. More than one mode usually allows electric bikes to be used as regular bikes.
How fast do the Electric bikes go?
Electric bikes can run as fast as 20 miles per hour; whereas some of the bikes can also go to 28 miles per hour.
How far can electric bikes go?
Electric bikes can go as far as 20 to 30 miles depending on the route conditions and the weight you are carrying.
How long does it take the battery to charge?
The best electric bikes in the market take as low as 3 hours to charge.
Can I charge the battery by pedalling?
Some of the premium range bikes allow these features; however, the bicycles mentioned in this article don’t.
Which one is the best, throttle or pedal assist?
It depends on the preference of the rider. Some people like to start their bike whereas some others prefer to pedal.
I like to ride on my conventional bike. Why would I need an electric bike?
After reading this article, you must have observed that riding an electric bike adds to what you can do with a bike. It allows you to carry cargo, lets you commute to and from work, it enables you to pick up groceries on the way, and it comes with headlights to make your night commute easier. Usually, these features are not provided by regular bikes.
Can I get any exercise on the electric bikes?
You sure can. Just change your power assist level, and you can get as much exercise as you want.
How much do they weigh?
Generally, electric bikes weigh anywhere between 45 to 60 pounds.
People usually live under the conception that electric bikes are expensive. However, as you can see, we have picked up the top ten best electric bikes for you under a budget.
Now I want to turn it over to you. Which electric bike are you going to buy and why? Tell us in the comments section.