Table of Contents
A water dispenser in an American style fridge freezer is a great addition which makes life much more convenient. The water dispenser allows you to have chilled water at whatever temperature you want and it’s always ready to serve you with just the press of a button. It comes fitted on the front door so you don’t have to open the fridge and let all the cold air out. Some best hot water dispenser also comes with an ice dispenser which is also a nice addition.
When you search around the market you will mainly find two types of water dispenser and both works in a completely different way. The first one is the plumbed water dispenser and the other one is non-plumbed. The plumbed water dispenser is connected to a water supply in your kitchen through pipes so it has an unlimited supply of water. The non-plumbed water dispenser, on the other hand, comes with a small water tank inside and you have to refill it to use the water dispenser. Both of them have their own pros and cons and there are several variants of the same which you can buy.
A majority of the fridge freezer comes with the plumbed style while there is some company like Beko who focuses more on the non-plumbed variant. One of the major advantages of the non-plumbed water dispenser is that you don’t have to go through the hassle of installation and this also makes it easier to clean. You can also move your fridge from one place to another whenever you want. If you own any of the Beko fridge freezers and wondering how to clean the water dispenser in it then this article is for you. Here’s a step by step guide so you can easily remove the water dispenser and put it back after cleaning.
Why should you clean the water dispenser?
Some devices are meant to be maintained to keep them running in perfect condition and so does the fridge freezers. Just like the other components, you must also take care of the water dispenser in your fridge. If it doesn’t stay clean then you will also not get clean water out of it. Some people think this is not an easy task so they leave the water dispenser dirty but if you have a Beko fridge freezer then cleaning the non-plumbed water dispenser is very easy and quick and this is a great way of maintaining your appliance.
How often should you clean the water dispenser?
It depends on how you use the water dispenser in your Beko fridge freezer. If you use it regularly and fill water 1 or 2 times a day then you have to clean the water dispenser regularly. We recommend you to clean the water dispenser once a month to maintain the hygiene, enjoy freshwater and also ensure that the water dispenser is working properly.
Removing the Water Dispenser.
To start cleaning the water dispenser our first step would be to remove the water dispenser from the Beko fridge freezer. Removing the water dispenser is very easy and you can do it in a few simple steps. Let us guide you through the steps so you can find out how to do it
● Make sure the water tank is already empty and if it does not then dispense all the water out by the normal process. The shelf just above the water tank must also be empty.
● Now remove the water funnel which is located at the shelf just above the water tank.
● Hold the shelf and push it upwards to remove it and follow the same step to remove the water dispenser.
● After you have removed the water dispenser, you will also notice a small rubber ring on the nozzle. You can also remove it to clean with the water dispenser.
● Now you can proceed on cleaning your water dispenser.
Cleaning the Water Dispenser.
The next step is to clean the water dispenser and you can do that in just a few simple steps. Do note that the water dispenser is not safe for dishwashers so kindly don’t try to wash it in there. You have to use your bare hands to clean it, it’s easy and it won’t take long.
● First, remove the white lid from the water tank so you can get access to the inside.
● You can use water only but we recommend you to use any detergent or liquid soap to clean it properly.
● Now you can clean the plastic lid as along with the water tank with the help of detergent or washing liquid.
● After cleaning rinse the water tank 2 to 3 times to ensure all the detergent is washed off and no residue is left.
Reinstalling the Water Dispenser.
Once the water dispenser is cleaned the last thing you have to do is to reinstall it back in your Beko fridge freezer. It is just the reverse step on how you installed the water dispenser. Here’s how you can do it.
● First, reattach the white plastic lid on to the water tank.
● Now reattach the rubber ring back to it’s the place.
● Place the water tank back to its position.
● Now place the water funnel back on its place.
● Now your water dispenser is ready to refill and you can start using it again.
Now you know how to Disassemble, clean and reinstall the Beko fridge water dispenser. Note that these steps are only for the fridge which comes with only the water dispenser and not the ice dispenser because that will require completely different methods to follow. Now that you have cleaned the water dispenser, enjoy the fresher water like you used to before.
If you have any kind of questions regarding the steps we have mentioned above or any kind of question related to water dispensers then don’t hesitate to contact us by sending an email or just dropping a comment below. We will try our best to help you solve your problems.