Table of Contents
In sports, passion has no borders, and the variety of sports sites outside the UK gain fans worldwide. Globalization unites different cultures and becomes an essential catalyst for shared joy, tension and emotion.
According to statistics, by the end of 2023, the sports events market will generate revenue of USD 31.88 billion. That’s saying something, isn’t it? It is only growing in popularity, so we cannot leave the topic aside. Let’s discuss it in detail.
To begin with, let’s look at the best of the best you’ve heard about. So, here they are:
- Super Bowl. It is an annual event in the US National Football League. It is the season’s final match, where the two winners of national competitions compete for the championship title.
- Tour de France. Let’s move on to the most prestigious cycling race. It passes through France and neighbouring countries, ending on the streets of Paris. Founded in 1903, the event is defined by mountain stages, flat sections, and time trials.
- NBA Finals. It is the final round of the NBA playoffs in the United States. The best clubs from the West and the East compete for the championship. The whole world is watching, so you should join in.
- FIFA World Cup. The event takes place every 4 years, and teams from different countries meet each other in the fight for the cup. Official figures for 2022 indicate an attendance of more than 3.4 million, which is impressive.
- Masters. It is one of the four Grand Slam golf tournaments. It is held annually at Augusta National Golf Club in the United States. The competition has been held since 1934 and is still going strong.
- Olympic Games. Perhaps the most important sporting event with the most remarkable diversity. Athletes worldwide compete for gold, silver, and bronze in the summer and winter editions.
These events show us the diversity and richness not only within Britain, which makes it more attractive to watch.
Sports are defined not only by players and teams but also by unique traditions. And who supports them the most? Of course, the fans. The fan experience in different parts of the world reveals the infinite expressiveness and diversity of emotions.
In Brazil, football is a genuine religious holiday. Fans in Rio de Janeiro are immersed in a festival of colours and music, celebrating every goal as if it were a great feast (well, it is). It’s the opposite in Japan: a calm approach and total respect. We recognize Italy by its flags, feathers and expressive gestures.
Icelanders are also not afraid to add national flavour to matches, so they wear Viking clan clothes and plunge into the past. Another exciting example is basketball culture in the United States, where fans organize authentic festivals during March Madness. Each team has its traditions and slogans you will hear at the stadium.
It’s good that we can watch matches from around the world. You just need to know where. For football matches, including the FIFA World Cup, choose BBC and ITV. They broadcast all the most important games. Basketball fans can’t do without a Sky Sports or BT Sport subscription. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Now TV will help you if you prefer streaming.
Remember the difference in time zones so you don’t miss the most exciting things. Use an online scoreboard to check the schedule and consider the difference between the UK and the country where the sporting event occurs.
Ensure you access specialized platforms to follow your chosen discipline or team in real-time. These can be blogs, social networks, analytical sites, etc. This way, you will stay up-to-date with all events and be able to predict the outcomes with accuracy.
If you want to see everything live and enjoy it to the fullest, go there. Here are some tips:
- Buying tickets. Check official websites and authorized dealers. Be attentive to sale dates and registration periods, as demand is high.
- Safety. Ensure you have travel insurance and research the medical requirements of your destination country.
- Accommodation. Book a hotel near the venue.
- Preparation. Learn about the culture and traditions of the country to avoid misunderstandings or trouble. Make copies of important documents and keep them separate from the main ones.
- Cultural peculiarities. Respect local customs and traditions and follow the rules of public behaviour. Learn basic phrases in the country’s language and learn how to pronounce the names of athletes or teams.
Do you want not only to watch but also to bet? First of all, choose a reliable platform with an international license. Thoroughly research different bookmakers, and evaluate their reviews and available markets. Pay attention to customer service and bonuses; it’ll help a lot.
When betting, it is crucial to follow the principles of responsibility. This includes setting spending limits, not exceeding your budget, and always understanding the risks involved. Remember, sports betting should be a recreational activity, not a cause of financial difficulties. Additionally, it’s important to be aware of the pervasive nature of gambling ads on Facebook, which can often glamorize betting. Stay informed and gamble responsibly.
Britain has its interesting championships, but there is no need to stop there. We have mentioned the most popular international events above, so all you have to do is choose and watch. If you decide to place bets, you must find a quality operator.