A cordless hammer drill is one of the best and one of the most useful tools that you can think of purchase. It enables you to drill holes and drive screws into softwood and bricks. The hammer drills are useful for any garden-related work and for several household chores that you are required to finish. For this purpose, you must have thought of purchasing a cordless hammer drill with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
These hammer drills are lightweight, portable, and convenient, and thus allows you to drill anywhere with its capacity to be used anywhere. They are also much safer than any other such tool because they lessen the risk of tripping over the extension cord or connecting the wrong wire through the extension. Cables are always at risk of getting in between your way while busy doing your work.
In this Guide
In this guide, we will be looking at some hammer drills that are cordless and will be suitable for you to be used for personal and professional chores. Also, we will look at their features and how they are making our lives better. However, these hammer drills have some drawbacks that we will discuss in this guide, and, we will learn how and when we can use these hammer drills for our chores.
The drawback of cordless hammer drills is that it is not much powerful the other powered hammer drills. However, it can still serve you with its capacity of work and the amount of energy that it provides during use. It has no limit on its power and can work for around three hours on a single charge. Also, the batteries that are included with the cordless hammer are rechargeable and can be recharged accordingly.
However, if they ever run out of battery suddenly, then the possible reasons behind this can be related to the use of the hammer drills. If you use them for high construction work, it may get damaged soon as it is not meant for significant professional uses. Mainly the tool is used for some household chores and any domestic help. For such reasons, you can use the tool without any difficulty, but you cannot use them for construction-related work.
For these reasons, they are also not suitable for the workers on the construction site as it may get damaged soon and thus it is not suitable for the workers. But for domestic users and our own needs, we can use them for conducting DIY jobs such as assembling flat-pack furniture and regular daily household chores. They can often be one of the best and most perfect choices for our use.
So, to find the best hammer drills, we have created a list of five cordless hammer drills and that can be suitable for you to use based on factors such as torque, the amount of energy required, price, battery charging capacity, and many such things. So, without wasting time, we will jump to the list, and we will discuss the pros and cons of each item available on the list.
Black Decker Hammer Drill Cordless
At the top of our list of the best cordless hammer drills is Black Decker Hammer Drill that is 18 volts and known for high quality, portability, and reliability. It also has an impressive torque of 40 Nm and is powerful enough for the use of concrete and masonry as well as for softwoods and plastics.
- A compact two gear combi drill for all screw driving, drilling and hammer drilling into wood, metal and masonry
- All metal motor and gearbox that deliver 21 000 BPM for hammer drilling in masonry applications and 0 - 1 400 RPM variable speed for drilling and screw driving applications
- 10 torque setting for precise screw driving into various materials and the variable speed function for control in a range of applications
What the manufacturer says about the hammer drill is that it is suitable for everyone as it does not require any prior knowledge of any such electric tool, and this why it is suitable for every person. It has two gears and ten torque settings that allow you to have full control over the turning force that the drill delivers, and, you will be able to set it to forward or reverse drilling.
- The Hammer drill has a 10mm chuck that could be unscrewed for some reason, and it makes the work quick and easy. It has no drill bits pre-included, and it has an inbuilt lighting capacity just like the rechargeable batteries.
- In the box, you will get a kit box and a charger, and the tool comes equipped with one rechargeable battery.
- Also, it is covered under a warranty period of two years in which you can replace the item with a completely new item if the purchased item has some defects.
- It has a safety lock for kids, and it can perform personal and professional chores efficiently without creating any fuss about it.
- It does not stand up for professional building yards and any significant professional use such as on construction site and any such works.
Mylek Cordless Hammer Drill
It has 18 volts compact drill, and it is one of the low-budget hammer drills on our list. If you ignore the price tag associated with it, it can offer you many handy features that you will miss in the Black and Decker hammer drill.
- LI-ION POWER: The Mylek 18V/20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Set is supplied with a powerful Li-ion battery and UK Charger which peaks at 20V from charge for that extra first use of power before stabilising to its normal 18V. No memory effect battery meaning your battery will always charge to its optimum power. Also with advanced no self-discharge which means the battery will always hold its charge when not in use.
- FEATURE PACKED: The Mylek Cordless Drill is equipped with a variable control trigger which can be controlled up to a no load speed of 700rpm and 20Nm in power. Forward and reverse switch that enables you to quickly switch between drilling/screwing and removing screws. LED battery life indicator to let you know when the battery is due a charge. 18 + 1 torque selection to giving you greater control. Powerful LED work-light located perfectly to allow you to work in hard to see areas
- COMFORT IN MIND: The Mylek Cordless Drill is designed with comfort in mind. Built in soft grip, 0.8 - 10mm quick change keyless chuck, only 1.0 Kg in weight, Anti Shock body protection moulding. All these great features help to reduce fatigue when using for extended period of time on those time consuming tasks.
Also, it has an inbuilt lighting capacity and charging capacity to let you know that exactly how much drilling time you have left. It is best to be used mainly for longer jobs. The battery life is enough for you to use on a single charge, up to five hours.
- It has an affordable 18 volts lithium-ion drill and has an impressive 19 torque settings. It is also equipped with 13 accessory and drill bits that you can use of and it has keyless chunks for easy changing of bits.
- It also has a trigger switch lock for safety purposes. It can be operated in both forward and reverse directions.
- It does not have any hammer drilling setting. It has a comparatively lower torque than the Black and Decker hammer drill.
Bosch Hammer Drill
Next on the list is the Bosch Hammer 18V Combi Drill that has a maximum torque of 39Nm, and it can challenge the Black + Decker 18V drill. Also, it is suitable for a variety of tasks such as drilling, hammering, and other such tasks. It is associated with the brand name Bosch that is famous for providing such household tools.
One iconic feature of the Bosch drill that is somewhat unique is its inbuilt Syneon Chip technology that controls the amount of energy needed for the drill and precisely delivers the right amount of power that is needed for your tasks. You may not understand how it works, but it does.
- The Bosch Hammer Drill comes with 18 volts cordless drill having a torque of 39Nm, and it is equipped with lithium-ion rechargeable batteries that will serve you for a long time.
- It has got a Syneon chip to control the amount of energy that you are getting for the drill, and it has two gearboxes and provides flexibility in using them for specific tasks.
- It can be a little bit pricey, and it is not suitable for heavy use or use on construction sites.
Teccpo Cordless Hammer Drill
Next on the list is the Teccpo Hammer 18V hammer drill suitable for household chores. Also, it is useful for a variety of tasks such as drilling, hammering, and other such tasks. It is suitable for every household chores and professional chores until the task is heavy enough to get it damaged.
- ⚒【2 x 2000mAh batteries】 Equip 2 powerful Lithium-ion batteries whose cycle life is over 250 times, just 1 hour to fully charge it; a battery indicator, real-time display of battery power.
- ⚒【20 + 1 torque setting】 The maximum torque is 30Nm; 20 + 1 torque setting positions help to control the clamping force and precisely control the drill size for most everyday needs.
- ⚒【10mm Self Clamping Chuck】 To use various accessories with diameters between 0-10 mm and easily change accessories with one hand, the large clamping diameter facilitating the loading and unloading of the bit or drill bit.
One iconic and essential feature of the Teccpo drill that is it has 20 torque settings and includes two lithium-ion batteries that are rechargeable.
- It contains two lithium-ion batteries that are rechargeable and can be used for straight five hours on a single charge.
- It is not a famous brand, but still, it can give you a good quality hammer drill.
Terratek Hammer Drill
Last on our list is none other than the Terratek Hammer drill that is best known for DIY jobs and most affordable for household chores. It is affordable in price and can easily be used by anyone without having prior knowledge about the tool.
- LI-ION POWER: The Terratek 18V/20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Set is supplied with a powerful Li-ion battery which results in having no memory effect, no self-discharge and always ready for use. Peaking at 20V from a fresh charge the battery stabilises to 18V. Equipped with a variable speed pressure trigger which can take your cordless drill up to a no load speed of 650rpm and both forward and reverse levers that enable the drill to quickly switch between drilling and withdrawing of screws.
- FLEXIBLE: Get greater control over your li-ion cordless screwdriver with 16 different torque settings available to use with, you will always be able to find the perfect setting for whatever material, whether that be wood, plastic, metal and a variety of other materials. The drill driver has a max drilling capacity for regular materials such as wood of 20mm and of steel, 8mm. Battery and charger included. CADMIUM FREE, EU Batteries Directive 2006/66/EC Compliant
- ERGONOMIC: The 18V/20V Cordless Drill offers both power and control with its soft grip, ergonomic design, 0.8 - 10mm keyless chuck and a light weight of only 1.0 Kg. This electric screwdriver is more than easy to use for extended periods of time. 2 YEAR GUARANTEE
The drill has 16 torque settings that you can make use of while using the tool for your chores and any other DIY jobs. But one thing that you will have to make sure of is that you cannot use them for any construction-related work or any work that is too heavy for the tool.
- It has an 18v cordless drill and 16 torque settings that you can make use of accordingly, and you can use it in both forward as well as in backward directions. It has an inbuilt LED light that improves the visibility of the workpiece.
- It does not have any hammer drill setting, and therefore it is not suitable for bricks and masonry jobs. Also, it cannot cope with 10 mm drill bits, and the battery backup is only for three hours.