A Bandsaw is a hardware tool that is specifically designed to cut the soft and hard woods. It is equipped with a narrow but flexible blade that goes around the wood piece and cut the piece as per your requirement.
This tool is helpful for many people who are fond of gardening or carpentry. So, if you are one of them and planning to purchase a bandsaw, then you have come to the right place.
In this guide, we will be discussing a list of the five best bandsaws that you will find in the United Kingdom to continue the work. Bandsaw makes things easier for you if you want to save time.
With a bandsaw, it makes your work more comfortable as it works in the reverse direction. Also, the best thing about bandsaws is that you can control the cuts accordingly. The blade is designed in such a way that it can provide straight cuts.
In this Guide
Bandsaws are explicitly made in such a way that they can quickly provide straight cuts to the wood or any such material. They are designed in horizontal and vertical formats of varying sizes and shapes, and this is how they can give you a perfect cut of any shape or size. The bandsaws come in different shapes and sizes, and you will have to choose one of them according to your needs and requirements.
One of the essential features of the bandsaws is that the blade that has been associated with it can be interchanged, and they can also be optimized to cut different types of wood. For instance, you can customize the blade for the cutting of hard wood and soft wood. Also, these blades may differ in the hardness of steel, thickness and diameter, the sharpness of the blade, and various other factors are also associated with the blades.
The blades are also tilted in an upward direction so that they can give a pointed and sharp cut through the woods. Mainly, the blade is used for the cutting of several types of woods. However, you can use the bandsaws for other residential purposes also. The critical factor that has been associated with the bandsaws is their blade and how you are using the blade to cut different types of wood.
As much as the specifications of the blades are considered, you will have to choose any one of them according to your own needs and requirements. If you are planning to cut only the soft woods, then you may need a bandsaw in which the blade is not pointed enough. However, if you are required to cut the hard woods also, then you must choose a bandsaw whose blade is sharp and pointed enough to give a straight cut.
So, the first one on our list is none other than Lumberjack bandsaw. This one is famous among people who are fond of carpentry and using different types of saws in their daily lives. Now, you must be wondering what unique features this bandsaw has that it is so famous among people in the United Kingdom? So, the answer to your question lies in the blade of this bandsaw.
The blade of this bandsaw is sharp and pointed enough to cut through the hard and softwoods. It is heavy, and it is also relatively difficult to be carried anywhere. It has a cast iron table that is associated with it, and the blades are 3 to 12.5 millimeters thick in the width. It can handle any wood, whether it is soft, rigid, or smooth.
- It is tough, rugged, and durable. It has excellent sawing capacity, and the cuts that it makes are pointed and straight.
- The building block of the material of its body is durable and robust.
- The LED’s position that is fixed is not aimed straight and thus can cause an issue in visibility.
- Huge 6''/150mm Cutting Depth Capacity
- 10''/254mm Cutting Width (Throat) WIth Free Circular Attachment
- Precision Ground Cast Iron Work Table
Silver line Bandsaw
The best thing about this silver line bandsaw is that it is affordable, reliable, and durable. It has a limited cutting depth of 80 mm, and the length of the blade is 1425 mm that is more than enough for residential uses. The product is good enough to be used for the cutting of hardwood, softwood, and smooth wood.
The setup of the tool is not easy, and you may require any professional help for its setup. However, if you want to do it all by yourself, then you will have to watch a video or two to get the knowledge of how to set the tool for use. Also, this tool is difficult to use, and hence you should have prior knowledge of using it beforehand
- The machine is light in weight and thus can be taken anywhere, or it can be carried anywhere with you. Also, it takes less space in your home to be kept.
- The price is very low, and therefore it can be afforded by anyone, and within its price, it offers the best quality and work.
- The cutting depth of this machine is limited and cannot be extended further
- Bench mountable bandsaw with simple and reliable 350W induction motor
- Large 300 x 300 mm table tilts 0 - 45° for bevel cuts and features integrated T-slot track
- Maximum cutting depth 80 mm and throat size 190 mm
Next on the list is none other than Drapper bandsaw that is affordable, reliable, and durable. It is designed in such a way that it can provide ease in its working and can be used by anyone without having prior knowledge of using any such machine. The best and iconic feature of this Draper bandsaw is that it can be used for the cutting of both hard and soft kinds of wood.
Its setup is also relatively simple, and thus, you can easily set the machine for work without facing any such issue. Also, you will not require any professional help in the setup of this machine. All you need to do is follow the set of instructions given, and you will be able to set up the machine for use.
- The cutting mechanism of this machine is deep and wide, and thus it can be used for the cutting of soft and hardwoods. Also, you can use it for any other residential use.
- The price is very low, and it is affordable for everyone. The manual instructions that come with the machine are well versed.
- This machine is not suitable for heavy cutting.
- Maximum Cutting Height: 80mm
- Throat Depth: 200mm
- Cutting Speed: 15m/Sec
Next on the list is none other than Charnwood bandsaw that is affordable, reliable, and durable. The cutting mechanism of this machine is designed in such a way that it can be used for the cutting of hard and softwood and can also be used for fatty cuts. It can challenge the products that we have discussed before. It can handle medium and heavy cuts without any issues and thus it is suitable for industrial uses also.
The setup of the machine is relatively more challenging, and hence you will have to use any professional help, or you can watch some videos for the setup of the machine. Once you are done with the setup, then you will be able to use the machine. Also, you do not require any prior knowledge before using the machine as the machine comes with a manual having a set of instructions to use the machine.
- The machine is robust, rugged, and fit for use. One of the iconic features of this machine is that it can be used for residential as well as industrial purposes. Also, you can use the machine for straight and pointed cuts.
- The overall design and the building block of the material of the body are durable and robust, and so it is worth every single penny. If you are planning to get a bandsaw for multiple uses, then you should have a look at the features of this machine.
- The one and only con of this machine are that it is heavy and thus it is difficult to move this machine from one place to another.
Record Power Bandsaw
Last on the list is none other than our Record Power bandsaw that gives straight and pointed cuts. It is preferred by every person who is fond of carpentry and uses such machines in their daily lives. This is because the machine eases the work and saves a lot of time in its operation and uses because it is relatively easy to use this machine when compared to all other machines.
It is one of the best all-rounders, and it can be used for the cutting of smooth and soft as well as hardwood. You can use the machine for residential uses, and if you want to use it for some industrial uses, then also you can use the machine. However, it is suggested that the machine should not be used for fatty cuts, but overall, you can use the machine for a little cutting.
- The depth of the cutting mechanism is 92mm, and the throat is 228 mm that is more than enough for residential use.
- The cutting depth is on the shallow side.
- Solid Trunnion - The table tilts up to 45º on a solid trunnion which features an easy to read scale.
- Cam Action Tensioner - Instantly release or re-engage tension using the lever on the rear of the BS9
- Rack and Pinion Blade Guide Adjustment - allows accurate positioning of the blade guides